Welcome to e-IACUC, Ohio State's web-based software module that supports the online submission, review, and management of animal protocol information for research submitted to the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC). Using e-IACUC, you can submit new protocols, conveniently request protocol changes, update study teams, and complete annual reviews.
University Laboratory Animal Resources (ULAR) operations are fully automated within e-IACUC. The module supports online animal ordering, animal census monitoring, and tracking of animal expenses.
What are the advantages of automated submission and committee reviews?
- Everyone connected to the IACUC protocol – researchers, study team members, veterinarians, designated administrators and committee members – can view full protocols online
- Information is automatically routed to veterinarians, designated departmental endorsers, IACUC staff, and the IACUC review board, as applicable
- The electronic forms tailor questions specifically to the type of research proposed
- All study-related documents are saved in one place
- Study teams can collaboratively write new protocols
- Study team members can view the records of the protocols on which they are named
- The system is available 24/7 from any location with internet access
- As deadlines approach, automated notices are generated